Challan 281 Status
Online Tax Accounting System has introduced new simplified single copy challans for payment of taxes. The Challan 281 is a TDS Challan used to deposit tax deducted at source. We will show you in detail how to track the status of Challan 281. We have also provided a link to download challan for depositing TDS. The single copy challan form is a very convenient was compared to the earlier 4 copy Challans. The counterfoil attached at the bottom is returned to the taxpayer. The counterfoil contains all details. This helps taxpayers or collecting banks to make online verification of TDS. In this Post we will show you how to fill challan 281.
We have uploaded guidelines to track the status of various significant challans or e-challans. IT Department of India is offering a great number of online facilities. Users can track status of PAN Card and Challans at NSDL. If you are wondering why verification is necessary when you have a proof in your hand. The verification will ensure you that the money deposited by you has been accounted properly. This will save your time and hassles in future. You can track any discrepancy and any error well in time and report it to the bank. Hence follow the procedure given here to carry out challan status enquiry.
How to Make 281 Challan Status Enquiry
Follow below steps to verify 281 Challan:
- Visit the NSDL website at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/index.html
- The page will show two options. One will for Tax Payers and second will be for the Collecting Banks.
- IF you are an individual, select the option of Tax Payers. The collecting banks can use the option of collecting banks.
- There are two methods to verify TDS Challan i.e. CIN Based and TAN Based.
- If you are having your challan identification number with you, choose the CIN way.
- The counterfoil of the TDS challan will be having your Challan Identification Number.
- Fill up the following details, if you choose the CIN Based View:
- BSR Code of the collecting branch
- Date of Challan Tender
- Serial No. of Challan
- Amount deposited (this field is optional)
- Enter the captcha code as shown
- Click on View button after providing above details.
You will see the complete status of Challan 281 on the screen. With these details, you can match the amount accounted for the amount paid by you. We suggest you verify all details carefully with the TDSs paid by you. Also check the status of challan 280 at our portal.
The TAN based view allows you to check tax payment details for selected duration. The duration should be within last 24 months. You can obtain the quarterly statement for e-TDS or TCS. You just need to enter your TAN number and select the period.
Why you should Verify Challan 281?
Start tracking Challan 281 status after a week from the date of depositing TDS. Verification of Challan 281 status will ensure you that the amount deposited by you is accounted correctly. You can report any error or discrepancy at the earliest. If you are filing for income tax return, you should always verify that your tax liability is zero.
The method of online 281 challan status enquiry is a simple process which will confirm your tax payment in few seconds. You can be sure of your zero tax liability and relax. No need to visit the bank for confirmation and statement of your TDS.
TDS Challan is for depositing tax deducted at source. The income tax by corporates and non- corporates should be paid using Challan 280. You can refer our post on Challan 280 to get more details on it. Challans are proof of taxes and levies paid by you. Online Challan status enquiry is a great facility for taxpayers and collecting banks. Our blog covers useful information on checking challan 281, 280 and hyderabad traffic challan too. Share the posts with your colleagues and friends.